Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z+ App for Android Free Download
by: Oxford University Press ELT ( Free ) | Updated On: 25 February 2016
Version: 4.1.72License Type: Free
Operating System: Android 2.2 and up
Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z+ App for Android
Free Download Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z+ App latest version on your phone easily from go4mobileapps.com app directory.
Oxford Advanced Learner’s A-Z+ App is a free Education android app,This application for Android is developed by Oxford University Press ELT. Available at free of cost; Requires Android Mobile or Tablet.
100 SAMPLE ENTRIES ONLY. This free download gives you 100 sample entries from the OALD 8th edition. You will not be able to cross-refer from these entries to other words that are in the full dictionary. To have access to the full dictionary you will need to buy it via in-app purchase.
Improve your English language skills with the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary. Understand what words mean. Learn how to say them. Know how to use them.
This version of the Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (OALD) lets you buy through in-app purchase:
• Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (A-Z + audio): the full A-Z dictionary including audio
• Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (A-Z): the full dictionary without audio
• Spoken words & sentences: if you buy just the OALD A-Z to start with you can upgrade to include the audio later
The OALD audio lets you listen to real British and American voices pronouncing words and example sentences (not text to speech). Access the high quality audio online, or download all 116,000 example sentences to listen offline.
The OALD is a world best-seller. It has been developed by the same editors from Oxford University Press who created the printed dictionary, working together with Paragon Software, a leading software developer for mobile devices.
Find exactly what you are looking for, fast:
• All the dictionary text is live- tap to instantly look up any word
• Use My View to choose how much information appears on your screen – hide IPA, example sentences, pictures, synonyms etc. – tap to show the full entry again
• Find words with similar or opposite meanings in the integrated Thesaurus
• Use Full Dictionary Search to find your word in any phrase or example sentence in the dictionary
• ‘Did you mean…?’ function and wildcard search allow you to find a word even if you don’t know the spelling
• Create your own list of favourite words
• Tap on phonetics, abbreviations and symbols for help with what they mean
• View History to see the last 100 words you looked up
Learn more with a dictionary that’s written for learners of English
• 184,500 words, phrases and meanings explained clearly
• Easy-to-understand explanations written using the 3000-word defining vocabulary
• Use the Oxford 3000 keyword entries to learn the most important words in English
• Look up over 57,000 synonyms and opposites
• Learn words in their natural context with over 83,000 collocations (words that go together) highlighted
• Find the Academic Word List words easily – they are all labelled
• Notes give extra help in difficult areas, for example the differences between similar words, tricky points of grammar, or British and American usage
• Find information about British and American culture
• 1000 new words and meanings keep you up-to-date with today’s vocabulary and usage
• 1300 words illustrated in groups build your topic vocabulary. You can enlarge and explore the illustrations.
• Access over 95,000 extra example sentences
• Study all verb forms, and word origins
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide. OUP is the world’s largest university press, with a wide global reach. It currently publishes more than 6,000 new publications a year, has a presence in around fifty countries, and employs more than 5,000 people worldwide. It has become familiar to millions through a diverse publishing programme that includes scholarly works in all academic disciplines, bibles, music, school and college textbooks, children’s books, materials for teaching English as a foreign language, business books, dictionaries and reference books, and academic journals.